Tribuna
21 Maio 2007
Conquistas
Gondomar
  • Paulinho Santos
  • José Maria Pedroto
  • Rui Filipe
  • João Pinto
Este, se for a um treino de basket vai por o Miguel Queiroz e o Keven a olhar para cima. :)
Bem vindo e boa sorte.

Flamma

Tribuna Presidencial
8 Junho 2016
Porto

Uma história curiosa da sua evolução como jogador, de há uns anos atrás, na sua transição para os seniores do Afturelding:

"His coach at Afturelding, Gunnar Magnusson, heaped his praises after he scored 8 goals against FH on Sunday: “I had never seen him play when I arrived for the first training session but after watching him during that first session I arranged a meeting the very next day."

"I asked him two questions. Do you want to go all the way? He said yes. And then I asked if he is prepared to do what it takes to get there? He said yes again. And then it was training at 07:00 the very next day.”

"“We have been trying to keep him wrapped in a cotton wool. He has been lifting weights three times a week (in extra sessions) and has now gained 7 – 8 kilos of muscles. We are building him up. His level in games is about 50-60% of what he is showing in training."

“He’s a lot better than what he showed tonight. It comes down to stress and he is just adjusting. Lets give him time, 2–3 years. Let him grow, develop, let him make mistakes, let him learn."

"I'm certain if he continues to work the way he has done these last few months, he will become a huge asset for the national team in 2-3 years. We will see this kid in the Bundesliga."

Última edição:

Flamma

Tribuna Presidencial
8 Junho 2016
Porto
Entrevista de 16/11/2023... concedida já na qualidade de futuro reforço do FCP, à imprensa islandesa:

lÞorsteinn Leó goes to Porto after the season l Can become a better player for the Portuguese champions l Wants to go to the Olympics and win the Champions League

"It suits me very well and I am very excited to try it new team and compare myself to the best," said Þorsteinn Leó Gunnarsson, player of Afturelding and national handball team member, in conversation to Morgunblaðið about his planned transfer to the Portuguese giants
Porto next summer.

Porto is the reigning champion in Portugal and takes part in the group stage of the European Champions League this season.
The change was announced informally at the chop night of the anti-football department of Aftureldingar last time.
Friday evening and the media subsequently got wind of them.

There will be no trouble Þorsteinn Leó ends the current season with Aftureldingu before he heads out to Porto, the second largest city in Portugal. When he was asked if he thought there was a risk that the wait might be difficult for him, Þorsteinn Leó said he did not think there was any risk of that:

"I don't think it's a problem. I try to play as well as I can before i go out It is my goal to become the best player that I can possibly become at this time before I go out, to be as good as possible when I go out."
Team from most leagues Þorsteinn Leó is 21 years old, a big and stable right-handed shooter, who has attracted attention for his solid progress with the training club Aftureldingu in recent years.

The year 2023 has been eventful as he has for example played his first A national matches and won a bronze medal with the U21 national team at the World Cup 2023 in Germany and Greece last summer.

The interest of foreign companies has therefore been steadily increasing. Þorsteinn Leó admits that many other clubs have been interested in joining him.
"Yes, I had a choice of many other teams, from most of the leagues."

A good chance to improve But why was Porto chosen?
"That's a good question. They are in the Champions League and hopefully will be continue in it next year. So when I looked at this, I really liked their parenting work. I believe I can become an even better player for them. I saw this as a good opportunity to become a better player. Those are the reasons why I chose them," explained Þorsteinn Leó. Two Icelandic players are involved with Portuguese clubs, the left corners Stiven Tobar Valencia and Orri Freyr Þorkelsson. Stiven plays with Benfica and Orri Freyr with Sporting, two Porto's arch-rivals.

Did you talk to Stiven and Orra Frey about the Portuguese league?
"Yes, I met Steven when I went to Portugal. We had a nice chat and he said he really enjoyed being there in Portugal. It's not the best league in the world, but it's a nice league and that's good to live there," said Þorsteinn Leó.

Damn good players He has now played three national A matches for Iceland. Thinks Þorsteinn Léo that taking the step to Portugal will help
him to establish himself with the national team?
"To be in the national team, you just have to be hell good player There are some damn good players ahead of me now. I don't think it matters that way which team I play go to.

I think it always shows how good a person is. You have to just to be as good a player as you can be in order to be in the national team, it's just the way it is," said Þorsteinn Leó firmly.
Asked to look further into the future in terms of goals, he said he has big dreams.
"When a big question is asked. One of my biggest goals is definitely the national team, to at least be a permanent member of the national team and go far there. Getting to the Olympics is a goal I want great to achieve, it is the goal of the national team to reach them. So in terms of the club team it would be the Champions League, getting to the finals weekend and trying to win the Champions League. It would be such a big package, it would be the highlight."

Want to finish with the big Afturelding has had a good start to the season and is currently in third place in the Premier League, not far behind the top team Vals and FH in second place. He is determined to finish his last season with the Lightning, at least for now, in the best possible way.
"Of course I want to win all the titles available, that's for sure the goal. Of course, I want to win the Icelandic championship. It would be very good to end up winning the Icelandic championship before i go out That would probably be the big goal in this, to become Icelandic champion," said Þorsteinn Leó.
Afturelding became cup champion last March and has the title to defend Tonight, Mosfell's team HK will visit in the round of 16 of the cup competition.
HK's strange systems and defense are currently in the relegation zone in the rval league, 11th and the second lowest place, but the big shooter does not lose sight of the fact that it will be a difficult game.
"I think it will be a tough game. It's always uncomfortable going against HK. They are unpredictable, with strange systems, etc.

• Love
Reações: Sangue Azul e Kra